All mobile devices have a unique identity that is made up of an IMEI number, serial number and model number. You may sometimes be asked for one or more of these, so it pays to know how to find them out quickly. Fortunately, all three pieces of information are usually accessible in the same place, so, once you know the methods, it is pretty easy to find it.
Depending on your device model, there are 3 different ways to find out this information; either through the settings, printed on the device or by calling *#06#.
Through the Settings
- Open Settings
- Tap About phone.This may be displayed as About device on older devices.
- Details about your Phone number, IMEI, Model numberand Serial number will be displayed.
Printed on the device
Depending on your device, your IMEI, serial number and model number may be printed on the back or beneath the removable battery.
For devices with a removable battery the IMEI number will be in different places depending on your model. It is usually under the battery, printed on the phone near the bottom of the device. For those without a removable battery:
- Look at back of the phone at the bottom.
- The IMEI, Serial numberand Model number are printed on the back of the device
By calling *#06#
- Open the Phoneapp
- Dial *#06#on the keypad
- Details about your device’s IMEI and serial number will automatically appear on the screen
If you’re having problems with your Samsung mobile, we would be happy to help, get in touch, or call into one of our stores, where our friendly expert staff will be only too happy to have a look and sort out your problem.