One question we often get asked when people are buying a kosher phone is why does a particular handset cost twice the amount of another one when, to all intents and purposes, they offer the same features and functions?
The simple answer is, it is down to the cellular network that they will support. Currently, there are a number of cellular networks in the UK: 2G, 3G, 4G and the recently announced 5G. It is the 2, 3 and 4G networks that kosher phones can operate on.
Each of these 3 networks offers faster speeds and more functionality than its predecessor, so obviously 4G is the best of the bunch. Some phones will only work with 2G, which whilst acceptable; is a much lower speed and you may notice. Therefore, 4G phones are more expensive than the ones that only support 2G and 3G
This means that if a 4G phone is in an area with a weak 4G signal it will automatically switch down to a signal from a lower network, helping to maintain your call. Below, we have outlined a few phones from each network, to help you choose which you want.
2G Kosher phones
- Nokia 130 – this has a 1.8” LCD colour screen, VGA camera, 4MB of RAM and 8MB of expandable storage with a removable 1020 mAh battery. It is available in red, grey and black.
- Nokia 105 – this has the same screen as the 130, no camera, 4MB of RAM and 4MB of non-expandable storage and a removable 800 mAh battery. It is available in black, blue and white
3G Kosher phones
- Nokia C3-01 – the 3-01 has a 2.4” colour touchscreen, 5MP camera, 30 and 64MB RAM options with 128MB of expandable storage and a removable 1050 mAh battery. Available in silver, warm grey and golden khaki colours.
4G Kosher phones
- Nokia 800 Tough – the 800 Tough is IP68 dust and water resistant as well as being drop tested to MIL-STD-810g. It has a 2.4” colour screen, 2MP camera, 512MB of RAM and 4GB of expandable storage all powered by a non-removable 2100 mAh battery. It is only available in the UK in black. Read more about the Nokia 800 Tough
- Nokia 2720 Flip – this flip phone has 2 screens, the main one is a colour 2.8” TFT, whilst the external, used when the phone is closed is a black and white 1.3” TFT. It has a 2MP camera and 512MB of RAM with 4GB of expandable storage. It is powered by a removable 1500 mAh battery and is available in black, grey and red. Read more about the Nokia 2720 Flip
If you are uncertain about which Kosher phone would suit you best, why not call into one of our stores. Our friendly and expert staff will be only too pleased to show you the models and explain the different features to you.