Android operating system updates are released periodically for your Samsung device. If you are having difficulty with it, you should always check for updates as a fix for the problem may have been released.
Software updates fall into two general types:Â operating system updates and security updates. Please note that the type and version of update available will depend onÂ your model.
Android code names are named after sweets and treats, with majorÂ new versionsÂ generally released annually. You’ll often see operating system updates referred to by their name rather than the version number. Currently (July 2019) these version numbers are:
- Pie:Â Versions 9.0 –
- Oreo:Â Versions 8.0-
- Nougat:Â Versions 7.0-
- Marshmallow:Â Versions 6.0 –
- Lollipop:Â Versions 5.0 –
- Kit Kat:Â Versions 4.4-4.4.4; 4.4W-4.4W.2
- Jelly Bean:Â Versions 4.1-4.3.1
- Ice Cream Sandwich:Â Versions 4.0-4.04
How to check for an Android update
You can find the current version of Android on your Samsung smartphone by going toÂ Settings, thenÂ About deviceÂ orÂ About phoneÂ
You will find the update settings in one of the below places (these differ by model and operating system):
- SettingsÂ >Â About deviceÂ >Â Software updateÂ >Â Update nowÂ
- Settings > About device > Software update > Download and installÂ
- SettingsÂ >Â Software updateÂ >Â Download updates manually
If you are not sure how to check if you have an Android update due, no problem, give us a call. We'll be happy to talk you through the procedure and let you know if your phone needs an update. We can also talk you through carrying out the update as well.
So, give us a ring today or call into one of our stores, our friendly and expert staff will be only too happy to help you sort out your phone.