Join Our Team
WHO ARE WE? Rose Communications Group (RCG) was founded in 1999 by passionate communicator Maxi Rose and is now operating under 2 brands – RCUK and Alfonica. RCUK has evolved into a chain of modern, independent mobile phone showrooms, whilst Alfonica deals with integrated business telecoms solutions.
OUR CULTURE? We’re looking for candidates who are mission-driven, people-centric, and above all else, looking for a deeper meaning in their work. We are proud to hire talented individuals from all walks of life, as well as individuals from local communities around our showrooms and offices. While our company has been growing for 20 years, we have tight-knit teams. RCUK has a family nature and an entrepreneurial spirit.
BENEFITS? AT RCUK, you will be able to grow your career in a multitude of ways. As we expand, you’ll have options to work grow with us! At RCUK you will be working at a company you can be proud of, we have a corporate and social responsibility programme which sees us raise lots of money for great charities!
When we’re looking for people to join the team, we will list our available roles below. If there are no roles listed below that are suitable to you but you are excited as we are about RCUK and you want to help grow our telecommunications company from strength to strength, then please email your CV to email@example.com and we will keep your details on file.
Credit Control Manager
Location: 92-94 Stamford Hill, London N16 6XS
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Contractual Status: Full Time, Permanent
Rose Communications Group is an Ofcom registered and expanding telecoms company, with three retail branches in the UK, servicing our customers’ UK and international travel needs. RCG has trade agreements with all the major UK networks and carriers across a full range of products and services.
At RCG we have worked hard to build our product and service portfolio to ensure we are able to cater to our clients’ individual and business telecoms requirements.
This role is based in RCG’s Head Office.
As the Credit Control Manager, you will be responsible for the entire credit control process which includes:
- Ensuring efficient and appropriate credit control and management controls are in place
- Managing the credit control process for multiple brands with different criteria
- Identifying improvements within the debt collection process
- Posting and allocating customer payments, processing credit card payments, and issuing manual credits
- Managing the monthly direct debit collections as well as the direct debit bounces
- Producing client statements, sending reminders, and following the credit control process progressing to LBA
- Contacting clients by telephone, email and post
- Dealing with credit control calls and correspondence
- Managing more difficult accounts with a hands-on approach, and achieving settlements and ongoing
- adherence to contractual terms by setting up negotiation processes to deal with disputes
- Managing write-offs, bad debt provisions, and setting up of payment plans.
- Monthly credit control reporting, ensuring the risk of bad debt is minimised
- Reviewing and reporting on aged debtors
- Providing monthly reports to senior management on the current status of ledger
- Managing ad hoc credit control and AR related information requests
- Implementing and managing a credit checking process
- Complete responsibility and accountability for all credit control and AR matters
Required Skills and Abilities:
- At least 2 years’ previous experience of end to end credit control and accounts receivable processes
- Experience and understanding of legal procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills especially during difficult customer negotiations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Able to work independently and proactively in an efficient manner
- Uphold confidentiality and private matters
- Excellent IT skills, specifically Microsoft, Excel, Outlook and Word